Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Adoption Update


I've had many (awesome) friends ask us for an update, so I figured I'd post just a little about what's going on in our neck of the woods. I'd first like to thank those of you who are reading for taking time out of your day to touch base with us! We are truly truly blessed to have the friends and family we do. Billy and I are constantly discussing how lucky we are. You guys rock.

Right now, we are just waiting...
and waiting...
and waiting...

And for those of you who know me, you know I'm awful super good at this.
We are still waiting for our home study to be completed.

Whilst we are waiting, I've been doing research on other adoption agencies - it can never hurt to have too much exposure. Am I right??? We also need to take a few courses to fulfill our agency requirements.

We recently just completed the final draft of our birth parent letter, which is what potential birth moms read when they click on our picture. This has been particularly nerve-wracking, since this is our first impression! How scary is that?

Scarier still is how awful I tend to be at first impressions. I just get so nervous, and then I say the wrong thing, so I've been practicing how to not completely freak people out upon first meeting them. And I've gotten so much love, support, and advice from family and friends.

I really appreciate the people in my life who have previously experienced the miracle of adoption, and the time you have taken to advise me on each step of the way. I have a young women's leader from when I was 12 who has been an absolute God-send - I don't know what I'd do without her! This post is dedicated to this wonderful woman. Thanks Sheridan - you rock!

I plan on updating this page as soon as we hear any news on our home study. Until then, I'm sure there will be many silly pictures to keep me entertained!

2 comments:

  1. I love the update! I think about you guys all of the time. :) And I can't imagine you would be bad at a first impression, you two are way too awesome for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update!! I've been thinking about you...hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete