Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Youth Conference

Recently I began working with the youth in my church, and I LOVE IT! 
Maybe because I'm way too immature for my age? 
We may never know.

So you can imagine how excited I was to spend more time with them this past Friday and Saturday. We met with other youth in Lincoln City (love that place!) We attended some good mini-talks at their ward building, and then headed to the beach for some kabobs and dancing.



That night, we slept in the local high school gym. Due to stupid poor planning on my part, I didn't bring a mat to sleep on, so me and my bum hips had to sleep on the gym floor. And no, it doesn't stop there. The gym lights wouldn't turn off. Wait - there's more. 
AND we had a snorer. A really, really, really, really loud snorer.
I got about 4 hours of restless sleep.

The next day, we headed over to help the ladies at Connie's Garden Conservatory. Some of us volunteered to help dig up some pesky ferns that are taking over. 
Why, you ask? Because it looked easiest. 
Boy, were we wrong! That's what we get for being underachievers, I guess!

 The amazingly huge pile of ferns.


Katelyn and I holding one fern

Youth Conference was so much fun - I can't wait to go again next year (maybe with a baby in tow?).
Side note - if anyone is in Lincoln City and wants to keep their kids busy for an hour or two, the ladies at this conservatory could really use your help. It's back-breaking work, and one volunteer informed us that there is no one under 60 involved with their garden. It was worth it, and we got the chance to learn a little something, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment