Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blackberry Syrup

Why is August awesome? 
One word:
Blackberries

Blackberry picking is something I've done since I was 12. I would visit Oregon for a few weeks every summer, and blackberry picking became a beloved tradition! It's one of the main reasons I get excited for summer. I know, I'm pathetic..

Ethan and I have been out picking fruit for a few weeks now, and I decided to finally do something about it! Which is:
Blackberry syrup! 

Ethan thought he would help me.. here's out it went!

First, we ground the berries in our AMAZING Vitamix. 
Side note - if you don't have one, get one. We use it almost daily!

Then, we strained the seeds from the juice in our colander.

Then Ethan got distracted, and decided to make himself a peanut butter sandwich. He proceeded to eat peanut butter from a spoon for the next 20 minutes :)

While Ethan was eating peanut butter making his sandwich, I heated up the blackberry juice along with A LOT of sugar.

And there you have it! The most delicious blackberry syrup we've ever tasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment