Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fun at the Zoo

Who doesn't love the zoo?? This thought ran through my mind when one of Ethan's BFF's invited us to join them at the zoo in Portland today. We said OF COURSE.

One thing I love about this friend is that he's adopted. I love that it helps familiarize Ethan with this concept. Ethan has now started talking about how he's going to be a big brother soon, but that his baby brother/sister is in another mommy's belly :) How sweet is that? He melts my heart.

First, we had to ride the golden goat...



Then, we used our binoculars to view the Sea Lions.



Then, we took a popcorn break. We also got to view the "All Star" animals up close and personal. These boys loved every second..



Then, we had a photo op right by the elephants..



I've been chomping at the BIT to see the new baby elephant at the zoo.
Did you know elephant's are pregnant for 2 years? Think about it..
Right as we walked up, the mama elephant was cleaning the baby elephants bum. The boys had a hay day with that one!



I have to admit - the boys' favorite part was looking at the map. 
What little men we have!



And again with the maps! Folding them back up was just as fun as exploring with them.



I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that we have a zoo so close by. I think I may get just as excited as Ethan to see the animals!

"Hey Mom! If all my skin fell off, there would be blood everywhere. Then I could be the Blood Monster! That would be SO COOL!" - Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment