Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Home Study 2.0

We had our home study last week, as I previously mentioned. I was so excited to be one step closer to being able to meet birth mothers (it is amazing how excited we are to bond with the amazing woman who eventually picks us), and eventually meet our future baby. 

Just an aside - I hate posting on our blog without a picture. I googled "home study pictures" and got this:

Iiiiiiii'm an idiot.

Back to our home study. I have to say, it sort of took the wind out of my sails. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it definitely wasn't what I expected. There were several times I felt confounded, not knowing what to say (and if you know me, that's saying a lot). 

Afterward, our caseworker informed us we are 1 of 3 couples currently going through this process at the same time, so it might be a while before our home study is written up. I was a bit disappointed; however, I know that case workers are often overworked and under appreciated, and I'll (try to) wait patiently. This is, after all, our last obstacle to being live on our agency's website. 

Currently, I'm working on how we "find - ?!" our baby. How does one do this? 
I'll tell you how I'm doing it:

Reading books
Research online - probably not accurate, but makes me feel better
Online adoption blogs
A Facebook page

Am I doing it right? Nooooo clue. I feel like I'm walking through a maze with a blindfold on. I'm so grateful I have a husband, son, and great family and friends to hold my hand along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment