Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

It Can Only Get Better

So... here is a rundown of our week:

Last Friday, we found out Billy didn't pass the bar - by 3.5 points. It was a weekend of confusion and sadness, wondering why this needed to happen, and what good could come of it. Billy was the most amazing husband throughout the experience, and for some reason, I was the weak spouse, preferring to wallow in self-pity for a few days.

It didn't take long for us to look on the bright side, and realize Billy still had a job, and so did I (at his firm). How many people are that lucky to be able to stay hired and clerk while they study for the bar a second time?

Then this Friday hit, and Billy was asked to take the day off. His boss wrote him an e-mail, firing me without notice, and reducing his hours by so much that he has to quit to take another job. We were shocked and extremely angry/hurt. This person we've worked for/with for 2 years questioned our integrity, and kicked us while we're down.

How this all makes sense:

When we found out we didn't pass the bar, I kept thinking, "There's no way this is all going to make sense one day." Now, we know why. If we would've passed, we would have partnered with this dishonest person, who is completely without empathy. That's not someone I'm keen on working with.

I'm so thankful for faith. I'm thankful for family and friends, and mostly, I'm thankful that our current life situation makes sense. I'm so glad of the ability to rid myself of hurt and hate towards someone. Staying resentful only punishes us, and as we strive to put this behind us, I hope we're able to keep that in mind.

It can only get better from here, right?

6 comments:

  1. Kera! I am so sorry! That sounds like such a tough week! I'm glad you guys are able to get through this! I love you! Call me if you need anyone to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Kera!!! Look at you being so positive. You are a good example to me! :) You guys are so awesome, I'm excited to see what great things come your way. We miss you guys...I think we definitely need some time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kera. What an awful week! I'm so sorry. And I can't believe your boss!! What a jerk. Well...you might be able to get your job back at Telenotes?? Ugh. Hopefully things will turn around soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I can't believe he fired you in an email to Billy, either. Bad personal skills, huh? Well, good luck with everything! We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kera I am so sorry that things worked out the way they did. I appreciate your faith in knowing that things happen for a reason and it will all work out in the end. Just want you to know I put both your names in at the temple. Somehow I just feel like there is a different road that the two of you need to look at. Love you so much. The one thing I know for sure is that you are one strong woman...you will always, always land on your feet. I'm grateful you have Billy in your life. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this... amazing how completely sucky that was and yet just how perfectly it is working out. I love your perspective. Everything works together for our good, and everything will work out! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete